Wednesday, October 14, 2015

# 17 - Let's Get to Work!

When I first arrived in Las Vegas I sent my resume out to staging company. Being the slow season I didn't hear back from them until business picked back up. They contacted me on a Wednesday for a Sunday interview and I was working the following Friday. This is a freelance job which allows me lots of flexibility; so far I've booked jobs with them for 3 straight weeks.

It's exciting working in this environment again. Prior to my corporate job I worked for a small staging company and this freelance gig definitely makes me feel like I've traveled back in time. I'm also learning or re-learning certain skills that will round me out and make me even more marketable moving forward.

I've also been in for 2 interviews for a full-time job. A third interview is pending (hopefully sooner than later) and the outcome of that will determine if I continue down the freelance path. I see a benefit in both and would be happy doing either. The full-time gig would expose me to a whole new aspect of my field and that is scary and exciting.

Right now I'm just happy to be making money less than 2 months after I arrived in town. And at the rate I'm booking freelance jobs it doesn't look like I'll stop earning anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment