Saturday, May 16, 2015

#4 - What a Week!

This time last week I was going to bed with S. after a late night together. It was a quick trip to Las Vegas (Friday night-Monday night) and I joked to S. that it might be my last visit. After this the next time I set foot in Las Vegas I'd be a resident. We talked about the move and her fears. She told me that she was afraid that I was giving up too much to come to Las Vegas. I smiled and told her that everything that I was giving up was nothing compared to what we had. I also told her that I was terrified. The key point was that we'd face this great unknown together.

From the moment I stepped off the plane I knew that I was making the right decision. As I drove to S.'s apartment I made sure to process how good it felt to be in Las Vegas. That didn't surprise me though; it always felt good to be in Las Vegas.

It was a good long weekend. I was able to have lunch with my brother and show S. a good time on her birthday. Doubt vanished that weekend. I knew that it would return but I reminded myself to think of these moments when it did.

I flew home and went directly to work. After work I came home to find the bathroom project underway. The old floor had been torn up and the toilet and vanity were gone as well. I looked in the bathroom and laughed at the idea that it was finally being renovated. It had needed to be renovated since the day I moved in 15 years earlier. It was funny that it took me moving out to finally get it done.

The bathroom was finished yesterday. The floors will be refinished next week and then the realtor will start showing it on the 26th. Things are almost out of my hands at this point. I'm letting momentum drive me at this point.

Next: Love is the Absence of Doubt (But Can it Conquer Fear?)

No comments:

Post a Comment