Wednesday, May 6, 2015

#3 - Breathe, Just Breathe

Last night I purchased the bulk of the material for my bathroom remodel. The bathroom needed an upgrade when I moved in 15 years ago so the agent couldn't stress enough how important a minor upgrade would be. Going to bed I felt a calmness that I am used to. I felt "right" in my decision to uproot my life and move 2000+ miles away.

But today that calmness was interrupted by chaos and I started to get an idea of how crazy the next few weeks will be. I had to firm up a time with the contractor to start the work, coordinate hand off of my cat to my Mom while he does the work and make sure I got it all worked out before I jump on a plane to Las Vegas Friday after work to go help S. celebrate her birthday this weekend.

Whew.

As things move at a fast pace I need to keep reminding myself that behind all of the distractions there is that calmness that I cherish so much. I picture my future and see adventure, excitement and opportunity. The more I think about it I'm starting to see how truly lucky I really am.

Next: What a Week!


No comments:

Post a Comment