Sunday, May 17, 2015

#5 - Love is the Absence of Doubt (But Can it Conquer Fear?)

There is no doubt that what I have with S. is real. It's the only thing that I'm sure of right now. That truth has driven me to make the decision to drop everything and move to Las Vegas to be with her.

I had a long talk with a friend the other night who is very concerned about my decision. He's worried that I'm giving up too much and that I'll be sacrificing the progress that I've made in my career. I assured him that as long as I am alive and breathing that I'd be OK. It's the truth, but I still worry.

I worry about my ability to market myself.

I worry that I'm too focused on what I can't do that I'm not focused on what I can do.

Doubt and fear are trying to hold me back and maybe it's right to heed to them, but I can't imagine a life where I live with regret knowing that I didn't follow love because of a job. I'd hate myself if I did that. If I did that I picture a life where I am alone and bitter, and I don't want that for myself.

So the alternative is taking the biggest gamble of my life and betting on myself. Sure I'll have a cushion of money to rest on but it won't last forever. Am I ready to possibly take a  severe pay cut in the name of happiness?

Maybe my problem is even asking myself that question in the first place...

Next: Oh Right, I'm Awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment