Tuesday, May 5, 2015

#2 - Regret Follows Failure. Note: Don't Fail!

Success and failure are subjective words.What one person considers a success might be meaningless to another. Same for failure. I understand that the two ideas carry whatever weight a person assigns to them, but I still can't shake the idea that one is good and the other is bad.

By every indication I'm a success. I own my home and have a stable job. I should be happy with that. In a way I am, but a better word might be "proud". I'm proud of what I've achieved, yet I can't help but feel like I'm wasting my life. It might be the fact that I don't feel passionate about my job. Since 2003 I've worked in corporate Audio/Visual and hands down it is the most stable form of A/V work that I've ever had. Prior to that I worked for a staging company and before that as an engineer at a radio station. Both jobs had less than ideal hours and not the best pay. With this job I work 8 hours a day, no nights, no weekends. When I move to Las Vegas and attempt to find work in the A/V industry my whole idea of what a normal work schedule is will blow up.

A steady work schedule isn't excuse enough to be resistant to moving though. The main driver (other than S. of course) is to challenge myself to find something new to do with my life. Every day while I sit at my desk at work I think of all of the time that I'm wasting and it depresses me. The problem is I'm not sure what I should be doing. Maybe charity work? Either way if I sell my house I'll be able to free myself of the little debt that I have and have a sizable amount of money to job hunt/figure things out.

And selling the house is really the only way I can do that. I can't up and quit this job and jump to another job/career because I wouldn't have the money to sustain my current spend. Selling the house could facilitate so many things.

The main thing to focus on as I get closer and closer to moving is to stay positive. Instead of fearing failure I should just pretend that it doesn't exist. If I "fail" but end up happy then have I really failed?

Next: Breathe, Just Breathe

No comments:

Post a Comment