Monday, June 22, 2015

#12 - It's Happening!

I'm still in shock.

On Thursday after a bit of negotiating I came to terms with a buyer on the sale of my house. I didn't think it would happen this fast. There wasn't even a "For Sale" in the window.

The buyer was the second of three people who looked at the place. They looked on Saturday, made an offer on Sunday, came back on Wednesday to look again and agreed to my counter-offer on Thursday.

And this after thinking for the past few years that when the time came my house would be a tough sell.

So now we're in attorney review and then on to the inspection. Assuming there aren't any hiccups we'll close on the August 14th and I'll be on my way to Las Vegas on the 15th.

At this point I have a lot to do. Most importantly I have to notify my job. Once out of review I'll do that, giving them plenty of notice.

I still can't believe it. The next big chapter of my life starts in less than 2 months!

Next: Waiting and Worrying 

No comments:

Post a Comment