Monday, July 13, 2015

#13 - Waiting and Worrying

This time next month I'll be loading up a truck and preparing to head out to Las Vegas. It's exciting to think that I'll be able to spend every day with S., but I'm still really, really scared. When I move next month I'll be leaving the place that I've called home the longest. I've been in my current house 15 years and I really assumed that I'd be here another 15. Funny how life is... I'll also be leaving a company that I've been involved with since 2003. This thought terrifies me.

Since entering the workforce after college I've never been without a job. I've had a couple days here or there between jobs but I've always had something lined up. The idea that I'm leaving a perfectly good job is the only real aspect of this whole move that bothers me. At the same time though I'm sure that not doing something because of a job would also fill me with immense regret in the future.

The only thing I can do at this point is believe in myself and more importantly believe in the skill set that I've built up over my career. Beyond that thought though I wonder if I'm selling myself short here. I'm moving to Las Vegas, the place where people go to reinvent themselves. What I really need to do is focus on what I can do and how that can be incorporated into a field that I've never worked in.

I hope I can look back a year from now and say that I was worrying for nothing. Here's to hoping.

Next: Planning the Route

No comments:

Post a Comment