Saturday, July 18, 2015

#14 - Planning the Route

Still so much to do before the move, but I'm looking ahead and plotting out the route that we'll take to Las Vegas. Shipping my car was causing me concern, so I was thrilled when my Dad offered to drive my car while I drive the 12' rental truck. He's retired and living in New Mexico so in addition to helping with the move we'll have a good opportunity to spend some time together.

Right now I'm thinking this will be our route:

Day 1: New Jersey to Cleveland, Ohio (473 miles).


Cleveland is a good 7 hours or so so it's a good first stop. We'll also get to see The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Day 2: Cleveland to Davenport, Iowa (502 miles).


8 hours seems to be as much as I want us to drive.

Day 3: Davenport to Mitchell, South Dakota (503 miles).


Possibly a bit out of the way but we can't be so close to Mount Rushmore and not go see it.

Day 4: Mitchell to Mount Rushmore (298 miles).



Day 5: Mount Rushmore to Green River, Wyoming (459 miles).


Went with Green River because it is almost the halfway point between Mount Rushmore and Las Vegas.

Day 6: Green River to Las Vegas (563 miles)!


Taking an extra day than I would like but this seems like a manageable schedule and one that won't be too hard on us.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment