Friday, May 22, 2015

#8 - Walking the Strip

During a visit back in 2011 I decided that I'd treat the trip like it was my last one to Las Vegas for awhile. I squeezed a lot in that week. It was mostly food, but I did find time to do other things. One of the most memorable aspects of that trip was an early morning round trip walk of the Strip. We started at the Welcome to Las Vegas sign.
After that we drove over and parked at the Luxor and got to walking.
It was interesting to walk the Strip early in the morning. It wasn't busy, so I was able to get some shots that aren't possible during the busier times of the day.
We worked our way down to Circus Circus and stopped there for their breakfast buffet. Bellies full we proceeded to the Stratosphere.
Before crossing the street and making our way back we stopped and grabbed a picture of the less popular Welcome to Downtown Las Vegas sign.
I like the North end of the Strip. It was kind of quiet in 2011 but with the SLS and the upcoming Resorts World it's due to see increased traffic. It's kind of amazing but you can still see little hotels that seem like they have been plucked from the past and dropped in the present day.
It was a fun walk and assuming you leave early enough and wear comfortable shoes you should give it a try.

Next: Autopilot

No comments:

Post a Comment