Tuesday, May 19, 2015

#7 - Tempting Fate?

I shouldn't be typing right now. This computer shouldn't even be on. Before I go to bed (on the couch) I need to empty my bedroom and dining room in prep for the floor refinishing tomorrow. I shouldn't be typing right now but I am.

I'm typing because I've been thinking, and that has inspired me to type. I've been thinking about the path my life and career has taken. I think of the amount of hurdles that I haven't had to jump. I think about how I've never been unemployed and it makes me wonder if I'm tempting fate deciding to go to Las Vegas with no job lined up. I wonder if the universe has been protecting me because I'm not strong enough for a fight. Even though I realize that thought is ridiculous I still think it. Beyond that thought I realize that I've ended up where I am by being who I am, doing honest work, and trying my best to be a good person. Instead of being protected maybe the universe is rewarding me.

Looking past any kind of cosmic intervention I wonder if I am doing this because I need to. Maybe I need to prove to myself that I can thrive outside of the same comfortable environment that I've been in for over a decade now. Or maybe I'm just in love and acting foolish.

I really need to continue to believe in myself, accept whatever challenges await me and welcome the opportunities that will present themselves. For the first time in a long time my future is a blank canvas. Now I just have to decide on the first stroke.

Next: Walking the Strip

No comments:

Post a Comment