Tuesday, September 8, 2015

#15 - Living the Dream

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I've arrived in Las Vegas. We ended up taking a different route than originally planned. We just put the address of my apartment here in Las Vegas into the GPS and trusted her to get us there. We took a southern route and traveled through something like a 11 different states over the 5 day trip.

Once here it was a surreal feeling. What I had wished for had become a reality. I knew that I made this wish come true though and was thankful for the support of all of the people who let me know I could do it.
View from my parking lot.
I felt settled in at home fairly quickly but still needed a desk to set up my computer. That arrived last week and that is when I truly felt like I was at home. It's been a wonderful 3 weeks and living with S. is everything that I imagined it would be and more.

I've been searching for jobs but so far have gotten no responses. In order to keep busy I've set up 2 volunteer opportunities that I'll cover in a later post. I look forward to starting those and think that while looking for full-time work in my field I'll get a part-time job of some kind. We'll see.

Either way there are a lot of opportunities here in Las Vegas. I just have to find the right one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment