Sunday, May 17, 2015

#6 - Oh Right, I'm Awesome

I'm often my own worst enemy. Thinking about my last post doesn't have me feeling too good. Since writing and posting it I've thought back on my nearly 20 year career and realized that I've accomplished a lot. While working in radio I sat court side and engineered a NCAA Women's Final 4 game, worked several election nights where I provided support to reporters in the field, set up and prepared broadcasts for countless high school football and basketball games, and provided live sound at bar nights, street festivals, county fairs and beauty pageants.

While working for a staging company I provided support in hotels, conference centers and meeting spaces that required a complete temporary A/V solution. Beyond that I was the trusted technician tasked with being the lead for road shows with clients like Dunkin' Donuts and Robert Baird.

And although it has been for multiple employers (ah the life of a contract employee) I've provided support at the same company for over 12 years. While working in a corporate environment I've developed unmatched customer service skills and have gained the trust of customers who depend on me to provide a perfectly executed meeting. I've also excelled while working as part of Business Process Improvement teams and learned how to  discover ways to improve support via process mapping.

Looking back I see a person who has a skill set that many employers would be lucky to have.

Next: Tempting Fate?

No comments:

Post a Comment